Wednesday 14 January 2015

Waiting on The Bookseller

WHAT I AM EAGERLY ANTICIPATING:

Title: The Bookseller
Author: Cynthia Swanson
Expected Release Date: 3rd March 2015 by Harper

From GoodreadsA provocative and hauntingly powerful debut novel reminiscent of Sliding Doors, The Bookseller follows a woman in the 1960s who must reconcile her reality with the tantalizing alternate world of her dreams

Nothing is as permanent as it appears . . .

Denver, 1962: Kitty Miller has come to terms with her unconventional single life. She loves the bookshop she runs with her best friend, Frieda, and enjoys complete control over her day-to-day existence. She can come and go as she pleases, answering to no one. There was a man once, a doctor named Kevin, but it didn’t quite work out the way Kitty had hoped.

Then the dreams begin.

Denver, 1963: Katharyn Andersson is married to Lars, the love of her life. They have beautiful children, an elegant home, and good friends. It's everything Kitty Miller once believed she wanted—but it only exists when she sleeps.

Convinced that these dreams are simply due to her overactive imagination, Kitty enjoys her nighttime forays into this alternate world. But with each visit, the more irresistibly real Katharyn’s life becomes. Can she choose which life she wants? If so, what is the cost of staying Kitty, or becoming Katharyn?

As the lines between her worlds begin to blur, Kitty must figure out what is real and what is imagined. And how do we know where that boundary lies in our own lives?
 

WHY I AM EAGERLY ANTICIPATING IT:

It was the title of this one that made me check it out, I mean the word "book" is in the title. And after reading that synopsis, well. A young woman in the 60s running a bookstore, who every night dreams of another life. I just have to read it.

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a book that kept me totally engaged throughout! You will love it. Hope you enjoy it, too.

    Here's mine: “IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I am looking forward to even more now, thanks :-)

      Delete
  2. Don't think this book is for me but it does sound interesting :D
    here's our WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-( I am hoping it is as interesting as it seems.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and I always do my best to comment back. I will also try and give your blog a visit X