Thursday 13 November 2014

Review: Let's Get Lost

Title: Let's Get Lost
Author: Adi Alsaid
Published by: Harlequin (UK) Limited on 1st August 2014
Genre: Contemporary
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher
Check it out on Goodreads

*I received a copy of this book free from the publisher via Netgalleyfor review consideration, this in no way affects my opinion of the book.*

Goodreads Synopsis: Five strangers. Countless adventures. One epic way to get lost. 

Four teens across the country have only one thing in common: a girl named LEILA. She crashes into their lives in her absurdly red car at the moment they need someone the most. 

There's HUDSON, a small-town mechanic who is willing to throw away his dreams for true love. And BREE, a runaway who seizes every Tuesday—and a few stolen goods along the way. ELLIOT believes in happy endings…until his own life goes off-script. And SONIA worries that when she lost her boyfriend, she also lost the ability to love. 

Hudson, Bree, Elliot and Sonia find a friend in Leila. And when Leila leaves them, their lives are forever changed. But it is during Leila's own 4,268-mile journey that she discovers the most important truth— sometimes, what you need most is right where you started. And maybe the only way to find what you're looking for is to get lost along the way.


My Thoughts: This book didn't really do it for me, I had to make myself finish it.  Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible and is in fact a very interesting concept, I just couldn't connect with the characters. I think part of the problem with my connecting to the characters is that we don't get to spend much time with four of them and the while the fifth is there throughout the whole book, you still don't get to know her very well.

The book is pretty much made up of five short stories with one character connecting them all, Leila. She is on a roadtrip to see the Northern Lights and has encounters with four people who she helps out in one way or another and they have little adventures together. We get to know Leila a little bit at a time and through the perspective of the other characters as the novel progresses. I had hoped that we would get to know more about her in her own section. We do, just not enough. As for the secondary cahracters, neither of them are terrible, but I think that if we had more time with them, they would have been more fleshed out and relatable.

Overall, this book was a quick and positive read, but I feel it could have done with about a 100 more pages so we could get to know the characters better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I always do my best to comment back. I will also try and give your blog a visit X