Monday 14 April 2014

It's Monday! What I'm Reading (14/4/14)


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey

What I recently finished reading:


I gave up on this book, but there will be a review anyway.










This book was of course amazing, I love The Lunar Chronicles and I can't wait for Winter.









What I am currently reading:

I have really enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy and I am excited (and sad) to read the conclusion. 
I am still Listening to this when I get the chance. I am about 17 chapters in so far and I am really enjoying it, I haven't read a high fantasy in quite a while so it is a nice change.

What I plan to read next:

                                       Still have these two to read




I was contacted by the author and sent this collection of poems to review.  











I am not 100% certain what genre this goes in but I think it is a contemporary, so it will be a nice change from the scifi, paranormal and dystopians I have been reading (and will continue to read). It has a mixed bag of reviews and I am wondering where mine will fall.

How goes your reading this week?

13 comments:

  1. I didn't read much last week. I just...gathered books!

    Enjoy your week!

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, the ancient tradition of book gathering, it is one I love to partake in, when funds allow ;-)

      And thank you, I hope you enjoy your week.

      Delete
  2. I liked Panic but I can see why there would be mixed reviews. It is definitely contemporary. I loved Cress too. Come see my week here. Happy reading and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fall into the category that enjoyed Panic. No, it wasn't the best thing since sliced-bread, but I thought it was pretty cool in its own right!

    It's definitely weird genre-wise though! Kind of dystopian aspects but in an average setting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting to look forward to reading Panic more and more. Thanks Allie.

      Delete
  4. Well, happy reading to you too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Warbreaker but I love Brandon Sanderson so I'm sure it's awesome! I'll keep a look out at my bookstore for that one! Oh and OMG about The Lunar Chronicles! How awesome is this series. I'm so glad I finally gave in and started reading it last month. I absolutely adore Cinder and I'm listening to Scarlet when I'm in the car. SO GOOD!!!!!!!!
    Good luck to the books you got ahead of you. I truly hope you enjoy them! I'll be on the look out. Come by and check out my book haul and what I've been up to this past weekend ;)
    BIG HUGS LOVE!!! ♥
    Michelle ~ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! The Lunar Chronicles are amazing and just get better and better with each book. Have you met Thorne yet? He is my new book boyfriend.

      I have The Final Empire sitting on among my TBR but I am waiting for sunny days to read it, why, IDK it just seems like it should be a sunny day read.

      Thanks, I am sure I will enjoy all the books I have planned and if not, there are plenty more where they came from ;-)

      Delete
  6. I just finished Panic, and it was kind of meh for me, but I know a lot of my friends have loved it, so I can't wait to see what you think! :D
    And yes...Cress was AWESOME, wasn't it? Gah! The series keeps on getting better and better!
    Looking forward to reading all of your lovely reviews! Thanks for sharing!
    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what I think of Panic now either ;-)

      Thank you for your lovely words and for stopping by.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and I always do my best to comment back. I will also try and give your blog a visit X